- my friend: i met a guy
- me: i just started a new tv show
Suddenly you’re 21 and you’re screaming along in your car to all the songs you used to listen to when you were sad in middle school and everything is different but everything is good
cat people: dogs are cool too
dog people: cats don’t feel love did you know a cat once MURDERED my MOTHER
If there’s one thing I’m consistently terrible at, it’s keeping in touch with people.
But thank god, I have friends that are able to pick up from where we left off like we have been talking every day (and also don’t really mind me being terrible at keeping in touch).
To low-maintenance friendships!
10 Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Make Cool Again
- 1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
- 2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
- 3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
- 4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
- 5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
- 6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
- 7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
- 8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
- 9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
- 10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
- by Kate Bailey